Another day of experimenting……. mod roc bandage as base of clay bowl, three new bangles, again with Mod Roc base, one now has a paper clay “wrap”, one has milliput and the other awaiting a decision ! Thanks Hilary for the heads up on MOD ROC ! The beads are, are discs and ovals cut out and pierced, with the left over pieces hand rolled into beads. I used Modena air dry cold porcelain, it’s very different from paper clay in that you can roll it quite thin, at first I wasn’t keen, didn’t like its bendy plastic rubbery texture, but have grown to quite like it.
I purchased Modena in white translucent, cobalt, red, yellow ochre and brown. Mixing red with tiny bit of cobalt and white made a lovely violet colour, and added more white to each batch until they became a very pale lilac. Then I mixed red with yellow ochre to make a terracotta, and again mixed each batch with equal part of white until it became a coral colour through to a very pale pink. Results strung onto recycled sari ribbon
I also tried out alcohol inks, Adirondack col “stream” and “bottle” . Only need a meer “smear” on the translucent clay and hey presto, a lovely affect, you can see the test piece on my book. Love my new Moleskine, it has printed squares down the side of each page, so you put image, sample, fabric scraps and so on and room to write notes, Grand !!