I have been playing again, the image of this frog ( an image I took of a friend of mines aquatic frogs………. Wanted to make them look special so tried a variety of creative ways to elevate these little creatures to a higher position in the pond world hierarchy. I really enjoyed the time spent……….. what do you think?
Selected verses from
The Bad Child’s Book of Beasts
- Be kind and tender to the Frog,
- And do not call him names,
- As “Slimy skin,” or “Polly-wog,”
- Or likewise “Ugly James,”
- Or “Gap-a-grin,” or “Toad-gone-wrong,”
- Or “Bill Bandy-knees”:
- The Frog is justly sensitive
- To epithets like these.
- No animal will more repay
- A treatment kind and fair;
- At least so lonely people say
- Who keep a frog (and, by the way,
- They are extremely rare).
by Hillaire Belloc